Fantastic truly analog monophonic synth. Comes with original box, printed manual and power supply. Asking $300, or make an offer (or trade) at email@example.com.
Honey, I Shrunk the Brute
The Arturia MicroBrute Analog Synthesizer may be minuscule, but it delivers a staggering range of sonic possibilities. The MicroBrute features a single VCO with three waveforms you can mix at will, three waveshapers, an overtone generator, a classic Steiner-Parker filter, and Arturia’s infamous Brute Factor. You also get a step sequencer and a Mod Matrix that gives you tons of modulation options and connectivity with other synths. This is real-deal, hands-on, semi-modular mono synth mojo at an unbeatable price! With all this going for it, the Arturia MicroBrute makes an ideal first synth.
Arturia MicroBrute Analog Synthesizer at a Glance:
- The biggest-sounding single-oscillator synth you’re likely to hear
- Steiner-Parker filter delivers a huge range of sonic possibilities
- Step sequencer: a source of fresh ideas and endless inspiration
- Mod matrix gives you semi-modular flexibility
The biggest-sounding single-oscillator synth, you’re likely to hear
At the heart of MicroBrute is its voltage-controlled oscillator. With three mixable waveforms, you can creatively shape your sound in countless ways. Along with the Saw, Triangle and Square waves, MicroBrute gives you waveshapers – Ultrasaw, Pulse Width, Metalizer – that modify and animate the sound, for an incredibly broad palette of sonic possibilities. There’s also a new Overtone generator that delivers additional harmonics, from one octave down to a fifth above your base pitch. Plus, there’s a Sub>5th control that lets you continuously sweep the spectrum. It all adds up to the biggest-sounding single-oscillator synth you’re likely to hear.
Steiner-Parker filter delivers a huge range of sonic possibilities
A Steiner-Parker filter is onboard to help give the MicroBrute its unique sound. First used on the classic Synthacon synthesizer in the 1970s, this diode ladder filter gives you lowpass, bandpass and highpass modes that deliver a staggering range of sonic possibilities. If you want to craft behemoth basses and snarling leads, you’ve found your axe.
Step sequencer: a source of fresh ideas and endless inspiration
The MicroBrute’s step sequencer is a compositional tool that will open up new creative avenues. Step-input notes and rests to easily build interesting rhythmic patterns, then transpose your sequences up and down using the keyboard. Let your sequences run while you tweak your sounds in real-time. A well-implemented step sequencer (and this one is) is a source of fresh ideas and endless inspiration!
Mod matrix gives you semi-modular flexibility
A patchable modulation matrix on a synth at this price? You bet! The MicroBrute’s Mod Matrix is a flexible system of CV routing that gives you new ways of modulating internal sounds, as well as excellent interfacing with other synths. If you’re looking for an affordable first analog synth you won’t outgrow, the MicroBrute is a perfect choice.
Arturia MicroBrute Analog Synthesizer Features:
- 100% analog signal path, amazing flexibility, incredibly affordable!
- 3-waveform voltage-controlled oscillator with Saw, Triangle and Square waves
- Waveshapers modify and animate your sounds, for a broad palette of sonic possibilities
- Overtone generator delivers additional harmonics, from one octave down to a fifth up
- Oscillator waveshapers: Ultrasaw, Pulse Width, Metalizer
- Steiner-Parker filter gives the MicroBrute a unique sound
- Arturia’s infamous Brute Factor lets you dial in dangerous distortion
- Step Sequencer is a source of fresh ideas and endless inspiration
- Modulation Matrix gives you semi-modular flexibility
- 25 mini-key velocity-sensitive keybed
The Arturia MicroBrute makes an ideal first synth!