Excellent condition, includes original power supply and box. $160.
Combining elements from some of the most sought-after analog synthesizers ever made, the Behringer Crave semi-modular analog synthesizer delivers big sound design potential in a convenient module format. The core of Crave’s sound is based on a VCO design inspired by the famous Prophet synthesizer, and a four-pole (24dB) lowpass filter inspired by the legendary Moog sound. A built-in 32-step sequencer is ready to perform, complete with 64 onboard storage slots for your sequences. And for more synth voices, you can chain multiple Crave modules together for up to 16-voice polyphony. If you’ve been looking for new ways to create with classic synth sounds, check out the Behringer Crave semi-modular analog synthesizer module.
Some of the most popular and iconic music of the ’80s and ’90s from Michael Jackson, Madonna, Dr. Dre, and Radiohead leveraged vintage synths from the ’70s. The Behringer Crave features the same authentic 3340 voltage-controlled oscillator found on the original synths it’s based on, complete with pulse and sawtooth waveform outputs, as well as voltage-controlled filters and amplifiers. The tuning range allows you to spread the two waveforms up to an octave apart, and a Shape switch allows you to select from narrow, square, or wide pulse widths.
As a single-voice analog synth with vivid oscillators, a delightfully fat filter, external audio input, and a ton of patch points, the Crave synth module represents big value on its own. And with support for up to 16 voices in Poly Chain mode, you can keep adding modules to your rig to add more sonic potential. Simply connect each Crave module to the previous module’s Poly Chain output to add another synth voice.
The Behringer Crave module is a sweet synth for desktop use on its own — and it really shines when you start patching it in with other modular synth gear. With a ton of patch points to play with — including 18 inputs and 14 outputs — and ample controls for hands-on sound shaping, the Crave module will definitely get a lot of use in your productions.
- Analog synthesizer module inspired by classic ’70s synthesizers
- True analog signal path with voltage-controlled oscillators, filters, and amplifiers
- Fat-sounding oscillator offers pulse and triangle waveform outputs, plus a noise generator
- Resonant 24dB lowpass filter delivers incredibly fat bass and leads
- Versatile sound design capabilities with switchable lowpass/highpass filter operation
- Built-in 32-step sequencer with 64 storage slots for your custom sequences
- Powerful arpeggiator with a wide pattern range for creative effects
- Analog triangle/square wave LFO for modulation
- External audio input for filtering and processing external sounds
- 18-in/14-out patching matrix for integrating with other modular synthesizers
- Chain multiple modules together for up to 16-voice polyphony