Excellent condition, original power supply and box. $250.
Just like its predecessor, the Arturia DrumBrute Impact drum machine delivers big analog drum tone with impressive sequencing and performance capabilities. And with its versatile sync options — MIDI, USB, Clock (four different formats), and internal — DrumBrute Impact is the perfect way to add an analog drum machine to any performance rig. A plethora of hands-on controls offers a ton of creative possibilities for everything from old-school techno and house to psytrance, dub, hip hop, and much more. And to top it off, the Arturia DrumBrute Impact features a built-in distortion circuit on the output to add just the right amount of harmonic bite.
The Arturia DrumBrute packs 10 different drum sounds: kick, two snares, high tom/low tom, cymbal/cowbell, closed hi-hat, open hi-hat, and FM percussion. The toms share the same sequencer lane, and you can select between high and low tom with a button press — same goes for the cymbal and cowbell sounds. When it comes to creating your custom sequences, the DrumBrute holds 64 patterns with up to 64 steps each.
We’ve used a lot of drum machines at Sweetwater over the years, and we know that many don’t offer much capability when it comes to polyrhythms. The Arturia DrumBute Impact allows each individual drum track to be any length you like, allowing you to create polyrhythms with any combination of drum sounds.
The DrumBute Impact offers performance effects like Pattern Looper (for beat repeats) and Step Repeat (for looping glitch effects) that make it a great instrument to improvise with. There’s also a Roller mode for creating drum rolls and buildups. Song Mode allows you to chain patterns together into a longer composition, further expanding your ability to perform with the DrumBute Impact.
Once you’ve created an awesome drum pattern on your drum machine and want to get it into your DAW software for processing or mixing, the last thing you want to do is have to record your drum pattern one drum sound at a time onto separate tracks — that gets old real fast. The Arturia DrumBute Impact offers 4 individual audio outputs (plus a master mix output), making it easy to record grooves into your computer as multitrack audio.
Swing and accent are two of the most common ways to add dynamic interest to a drum machine pattern. Accent is available on each track individually, as you’d expect. Swing can be applied to your pattern as a whole, and you can also apply different swing amounts to individual drum tracks if you choose. DrumBute Impact also has a randomness option, perfect for creating a more human feel — you can apply that globally or on a per-track basis too.
- True analog drum machine with 10 drum sounds
- Drum sounds include kick, two snares, high tom/low tom, cymbal/cowbell, closed hi-hat, open hi-hat, and FM percussion
- Stores up to 64 patterns, up to 64 steps each
- Song Mode allows you to chain patterns for expanded compositions
- Apply swing and randomness globally, or on a per-drum basis
- Separate accent for each drum
- Manipulate your patterns in real time with Step Repeat and Pattern Looper
- Roller effect creates drum rolls
- Each track can have a different length, allowing you to create polyrhythms
- 4 individual audio outputs make it easy to record your patterns as multitrack audio
- Sync options include USB, MIDI, Clock (with four different clock formats), and Internal
- 1/8″ headphone output